Friday, March 28, 2008

Love, Meg




I have been terrible about not reading lately. I hadn’t read a book since Spring Break. Last week was the National Junior College Men’s Basketball tournament here in town and my house was filled with family. So between school all day, basketball all evening and playing cards all night, I didn’t get anything done. But it was a fun week. This week I am trying to get back on schedule.

I was tired this week, but it was great to have my family around. The book Love, Meg by C. Leigh Purtill is all about family. Meg is 15 years old and the only family she has ever known is her sister Lucie. Lucie is always looking for something better so she and Meg move around a lot usually once or twice a year. So Meg is used to finding new friends and then moving and having to start all over. The latest move has been to Hollywood where Lucie has a new boyfriend and maybe a decent job. Meg has just started Hollywood High School when she comes home one afternoon and meets Lucie’s brother Lonnie. Lonnie tells Meg of a family she didn’t know existed and turns her world upside down. Meg feels that Lucie has betrayed her by hiding her family from her and she moves to New York to find out what it is like to have a family.

1 comment:

Leigh Purtill said...

Hi Cheri!

Thank you for reading and mentioning my book in your blog. I hope your students read and like it too!

:) Leigh